Humane Blogging Tips Blogging tips for humans

How to make your Blog post land on the top spot of Google Search

I am not really comfortable to share my achievements because I feel my readers would think that I am a conceited person. However, I think it is my responsibility to let others know that sometimes, the almost impossible can be possible and who knows? I can help somehow.

Anyway, some of you may be familiar with the Help Save Serena movement started by his father so that his child will be brought from UK to US for the treatment of Neuroblastoma. In fact, he even made a blog out of it and many has been touched and made their own post. I also did my share on my other blog and even donated some Entrecard points.

But to my surprise, my post landed on the top spot of Google Search after 10 days which you can see the photo above. A certain stranger found my blog post by searching through Google. So what are the most possible reasons?

Maximizing the title

If you will notice, all of my title posts are composed of many words which I think very important to invite readers. This is because the title must catch the attention of the visitors and will eventually read them. It must also contain the summary of the post. So instead of making the title Help Save Serena, I made it Help Save Serena and her Fight against Neuroblastoma. As you can see, the stranger searched for the words Serena and Neuroblastoma. It is therefore not advisable to make your title post a single word or a very small phrase.

Content keywords

I usually spend long hours for a single post before I submit it. This is because I do not only check for errors and make it interesting to read, I also consider the quantity and position of the keywords and the related ones. This is for the search engines to easily trace them. In short, keyword density is very important. According to wikipedia, it is the number of times a keyword or phrase appears compared to the total number of words in a page. Therefore, a good post must be friendly to both humans and software.

There may be other factors like inbound links but since I am not a SEO guru, I am still searching for the right information so I can explain it better.

Incidentally, the stranger was a certain Yvonne Brown who sent me a mail and asking for the e-mail address of Serena’s father because she was willing to help. I immediately visited the blog and posted a comment together with the message of Yvonne. I also replied to Yvonne together with the e-mail address of Serena’s father.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, you can subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

14 comments:

  ~*~ Badet ~*~

July 1, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Congratulations!

I'm finding a hard time with this SEO thing, but I guess pro-bloggers must learn this. =)

  Anonymous

July 1, 2008 at 4:58 PM

You blog post keep getting better and better. Thanks for sharing your secrets. Something I have learned today. It is about the post title and keywords mainly.

  Angel

July 1, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Badet - SEO is a complicated thing but I try to read some basic information and apply them on my blogs. Thanks.


Reena - Thanks for appreciating my post. Actually, I do not hide secrets. I just don't fee comfortable doing that. I am glad someone's learning from me somehow.

  Anonymous

July 1, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Actually inbound links from a trusted sites with a good PR is the most important thing to rank higher in search engines.Also its better if the site that linked is related to your topic.Thanks for dropping by my blog regularly , I also noticed you still haven't added a favicon in your blog.Its easy to do and helps you stand out from the rest of the blogspot blogs.Check out my post about it.How to add a favicon in Blogger

  Unknown

July 1, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I'm not sure if it's accurate but I'm getting the idea that if you position your main keywords more on the top paragraph of your article and highlighting them using bold or h1-h2-h3 tags, it will perform better in search engines. Plus adding images whose filenames are your keywords also or relevant, you'll have a really optimized post. But that's just onsite optimization. There's still that external optimization which is far more confusing even to me.

  Angel

July 1, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Nishadna - Thanks for bringing me up the idea of high quality inbound links. I already read your post about favicon but I really have no time for that now, maybe later.


Nepspeed82 - Your opinions are convincing. I will read more about SEO and I will find time to share them though a post.

Thanks for being here, as always.

  momwithbrownies

July 2, 2008 at 1:43 AM

Hello!

Thank you for being one of my TOP Droppers for the month of June!

Hope to hear from you more as time goes by. :-)

Shelly M.
The Mom With Brownies and
Serious Blogger
www.iwillblogforever.com

  Waterrose

July 2, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Great information for everyone who blogs. I know that it is true what neps states as far as websites go. I also wonder if it's the same for blogs? I need to remember to tag my photos with more appropriate titles.

  Anonymous

July 2, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Great little article....I never thought of how important the Title really is.

  Angel

July 3, 2008 at 6:14 AM

The Mom with Brownies - You're welcome. I will try to be more visible and with fresh ideas.


Waterrose - Thanks for appreciating my post. I suppose blogs are different in the eyes of search engines in terms of domains and subdomains.


Beau71 - Titles are the main attraction of articles for humans just like headlines in the newspapers. Thanks.

  Jena Isle

July 3, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Congrats,,,in your desire to help, you were also "helped". It always pays to be generous and helpful because it comes back to you a hundredfold.

Thanks for sharing this very informative post.

  Karen and Gerard

July 4, 2008 at 10:13 AM

This was helpful. Thanks for sharing.

  Angel

July 5, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Jena - That was an inspirational comment. I am so glad to help others in my own special way. Thanks for being here, as usual.


Karen - You're welcome. It is my pleasure to share what I have been learning. Thanks for being my consistent reader.

  Anonymous

July 7, 2008 at 2:12 AM

add rss feed carefully to keep your site optimized.