Humane Blogging Tips Blogging tips for humans

How to Post Comments on other Blogs to Promote your Blog

Photo credit to Butterflies-R-Free

Although there may be tons of tips on how to promote our blogs, posting comments on other blogs is one of the simplest way. This does not require technical skills or a lot of time, and there are thousands and thousands of blogs to choose from. However, some bloggers are not gaining from them because they are taking some important factors for granted. Spam comments are everywhere, and you may not notice that yours are among them. Here are some of my observations and I would like to thank Lin personally for bringing some of them to me.

Post valuable comments

Valuable means you do not only say “Nice post, or great list, or worst, I just drop by to say hi” This means you have to contribute interesting facts about the post, or sharing your experience related to the post. If there is a question on the post, answer them with all you can. Read and understand the whole post carefully before you leave a comment, especially if you want to add something. You might be adding something that is already there. If you don’t, chances are your comments will be disapproved.

Post related comments

Your comment may be valuable but if it is off-topic, consider it as nonsense. If you want to promote it, find a proper place where it cannot hurt you or other bloggers. If you are selling something or offering a paid service, you can always use the contact form. Leaving comments may look like a forum thread but you will not be careful, you will overdo it and it will annoy other commenters and the blog owner as well. Show some respect for the blogger and who knows, he might also visit your blog. You will be hitting many birds in one stone.

Do not do the obvious

Although you may have similar topics on your blog, avoid mentioning it unless it is being asked. In addition, do not show numerous links to your blog posts. The link from your name is actually enough if your comments are interesting to read. In addition, never provide a link to you blog post that is obviously irrelevant just for the sake of promoting your blog. On the other hand, it is better that you direct the link from your name to the blog URL you want to be visited instead of your home page. Visitors will find it easier to get to your post.

Be consistent

The more consistent you post comments on the same blog, the greater chance you will have in succeeding in promoting your blog. This is because the blog owner or other commenters can easily notice you. However, you must be conscious about it. Although being the first commenter can help a lot, it can also be a disadvantage not only to you, but also to the blog owner. Sometimes, you can think of a better comment if there are other comments ahead of you. Consistency does not only mean quantity but also quality.

How we promote our blog reflects our identity as a blogger.

Related post:
Why some Bloggers Disable their Blog Comments

If you want to receive my future posts regularly for FREE, you can subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

13 comments:

  Anonymous

July 4, 2008 at 7:37 PM

Nice post, hehehe. Just kidding. Reading your post is really habit forming. A lot of tips to be learned. Keep them coming my friend.

  Anonymous

July 4, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Great advice. If more people use these simple techniques it would make for a more profitable blogging experience for them. It would also save their fellow bloggers alot of wasted time denying comments!

  Meghna

July 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Hi Guardian,
A very nice post!! The first thing I learnt about blog promotion was this. By this method, you get to read new blogs, interesting posts etc....and by commenting, you can also increase your hits! It's very simple and useful too!!

Keep writing cause i am hooked on :P

  shounn

July 5, 2008 at 11:29 AM

hi, this is sean... i like your blog... we have the same topics... you're pinoy ryt? glad to hear that coz i'm pinoy too from cebu hope youlll visit my so\ite and give me some tips...HIHI

  Angel

July 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Mon - Thanks for making my posts a habit to read. By the way, your posts are really improving a lot too, my friend.

A two thumbs up for you, kabayan!


HBS - I totally agree with you, time is gold when you blogging. I am amazed about home business blog, I am sure it is doing well.


Meghna - Yes, leaving comments can also be good way of learning from others. Thanks for being a consistent reader of my posts. Your blogging style is getting more mature as you grow older.

Again, I will not be surprise if you'll be among the finest bloggers when you finally grow as sweet lady.


Shawn - So you're the blogger who had a blogging tips carnival. Hope I can join the next round.

And yes, I am also a proud Filipino and I am willing to help to the best knowledge I can.

  Jena Isle

July 5, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Thanks for the very informative post Angel, nice post...he he he..
I think I will follow your lead on ways to let Google index my pages more..and of course, your post here. I always try to leave comments and I'm used to being positive...I mean , If I don't have anything good to say, then I'll bettern not post it.

Thanks for sharing...Happy blogging.

  Mel Avila Alarilla

July 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Commenting is the icing on one's cake or post. Even if we make a grandiose post, if nobody will comment on it, it becomes an empty post. Thanks for your suggestions about commenting. God bless.

  Angel

July 5, 2008 at 2:21 PM

You're welcome, Jena. I agree, silence is better than useless words.

Thanks for being my consistent commenter.


Mel - It's nice to post comments on your blogs because they have interesting posts.

Thanks for dropping by as always.

  Anonymous

July 5, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I agree with you and commenting is really a great way to develop network and visitors to your blog.

There are rules though, just like as much as possible don't leave a link when commenting. But I don't mind if you post links as long as you leave good comments too. :-)

Thanks, Guardian Angel - hmmm wondering if you would get your own Domain soon. You got great followers here, but it may be better to build them using your won domain.

  Unknown

July 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM

I always make it a habit to take my time when leaving comments so that I could help in adding to the conversation and/or don't appear out of the topic. But being like this all the time often gets in the way of my productivity as it eats time. Sometimes, I believe, it's also okay to just go against what you want to do. It doesn't help your blog but it's something natural, unconstrained and, easy to do; hence something enjoyable and relaxing. Of course, don't do it all the time. Great tips as always. ^_^

  Angel

July 6, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Bloggista - Actually, I am now working it out and may be launched soon. Thanks for appreciating my blog.



Nepspeed82 - You're right. Taking time in preparing for something is a very nice idea. Thanks for finding my tips informative.

  Anonymous

July 7, 2008 at 2:11 AM

i am a blogger. thanks for the information.

  Unknown

September 3, 2008 at 7:30 AM

nice post, you can also post it to www.rottenworkers.com if you have any complaint.

Thx