Humane Blogging Tips Blogging tips for humans

How to Socialize within your Blog

Photo credit to opus bucket

Blogging is socializing. Although you must make your blog content king, it will look useless if you do not know that they are being read. To have a proof that they are, you must socialize with others. Social sites such as Digg, SU and Twitter are helpful, but it is more fascinating if you socialize within your blog. Besides, it is a direct way of inviting visitors to your blog. While there are a lot of ways how to do it, here are only some of them that I am currently doing in which I found very effective.

Share your experience

People love to know what you have been through whether it is a success or failure. By sharing them, readers will be interested to know you better. You can also create a community within your blog by inspiring them with your success. On the other hand, readers would also like to learn from your mistakes. This is also a sign of humility. However, be sure that you are not inventing them because readers are intelligent enough. They can sense if you are untrue to them. If they do, your blogging life will end up miserable.

Share useful tips

Useful tips do not only include the How To posts, but also What Not To Do things. If you are posting the How To tips, be sure that they are really applicable. You must have tried and tested them, and had a positive effect on your blog. Readers will be also thankful to you if you post the What to Avoid things and warn them about the bad effect they may cause on their blogs, and will waste their precious time. However, write only the proven facts. Be a keen observer and do some research.

Be accommodating

To show that you are really accommodating, you must be easy to contact with. Besides putting a contact link on every end of your post, have an easy to access Contact Page. In this page, tell your readers that they can ask anything under the sun, and that you also accept suggestions, criticisms, and even service and product promotion. However, be sure that you have enough time to entertain them if they come abundantly. If you fail to do so, they will be disappointed and you may loose them.

Love your commenters

There are commenters who really took time to thank you for your interesting posts. Some also share their experiences. Replying to them immediately makes them happy. They will be glad that you are pushing an effort to communicate with them. I strongly advise that you show your Top Commenters and Recent Comments widgets on your sidebar. Who knows, they may be your regular followers and commenters someday. However, replying to comments need strategies too. You should also know how to deal with the not so good ones.

Run a valuable contest

For me, a valuable contest is not only about the amount of prize. It is also how it can help the contestants grow as a blogger. If you will notice my running contest, I am trying to help other bloggers by giving them ideas on what to post. I know how hard it is to make one especially if you are in a writer’s block. However, I am not saying that other types of contest are useless. In fact, I joined one and even won a free banner from Mr. Javo’s Birthday Contest.

Finally, do not treat your followers as fans. Consider them as friends who are helping you in reaching your goals as a blogger.

Related posts:
What to do When you Cannot Think of a Good Post
How to Make Your Readers Post a Comment
How To Reply On Comments
Tips on how to give Blogging Tips

If you want to receive my future posts regularly, please feel free to subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

7 comments:

  Anonymous

April 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Great points, socializing is key to the success of a blog. I normally steer clear of blogs that don;t do the little things like embed a socail widget in their sidebar.

  Angel

April 21, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Hi Debo hobo,

Thanks for agreeing with me and sharing your thoughts.

  Anonymous

April 25, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Hi there! You are invited to to participate in a blogging FGD conducted by a team from dot ph domain (i.ph) . Tentative date would be April 29 (Tuesday) after office hours, around 630 onwards. Please leave a msg on my board so we can discuss details as to when you are free :) Thanks! :)

  Anonymous

April 28, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Hi snd thanks for stopping by my blog. You gave some good advice about socializing within your blog and I see from the post titles below that I need to read more of your advice.

  Angel

April 28, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Hi Jude,

No problem. Hope I can provide more valuable tips.

Thanks for finding my posts informative.

  Arachne Jericho

April 29, 2008 at 1:11 AM

More newbie bloggers need to read advice like this. I could have done with it when I started my blog some six months ago and not gone through three months of pointlessness.

Cheers!

  Angel

April 29, 2008 at 6:17 AM

Hi Aranche,

I have done a lot of mistakes during my 7 months of blogging.

But I think the more important thing is I learned my lesson well and I do not cry over spilled milk.

It's nice to have you here. You got an interesting blog though.

Thanks.