Humane Blogging Tips Blogging tips for humans

My Last Post to Blogging 101

Photo credit to Turtblu

I would to share my excitement to everybody as I have reached this point in this blog – my 100th post. After I revealed my wildest dreams on my first post six months ago, I realized I have now moved one step forward. I already made a gratitude speech on my Happy Family Matters blog when it reached its century post, so I want to make it different here. I would like to announce my plans on this blog as the continuation of my wildest dreams. Here they are and hopefully, I can reach them through your help.

Interviews

I want to make some interviews with different kinds of bloggers. Since I love communicating with people, I think I can also be a good interviewer. There are some of my favorite bloggers whom I want to meet, not necessarily in person. There are interesting facts about them that I know will serve as inspiration to us, even to non-bloggers. Similarly, I also want to be interviewed and anyone can approach me and let’s discuss the possibility. I am now preparing to be interviewed by Alexys of Soul meets World which I recently won in a blog contest.

Reviews

Although I made some reviews about some bloggers, they are the ones I consider my virtual friends and mentors. I am now starting to make some blog and product reviews to monetize this blog but I carefully choose them to avoid harm in my blog. Anyway, I am also planning to make reviews about useful blogs for free, just like I did for Daily Writing Tips and Blogsvine. Of course, I would also like this blog to be reviewed. It can be a paid service, but of course I would prefer someone who already knows me here to make a review about me.

Guest posts

I made three guest posts at bloggingtips.com and I know the feeling of being allowed to make a guest post on other blogs especially if the blog is popular. It did not only help me with my traffic but also increased by self-confidence that I can write good posts. My blog may be far from being among the top blogs, but I am inviting everyone to be my guest blogger. I have only simple requirements: your topic is about blogging tips and has original content which means it has not yet been posted anywhere even on your own blog. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Adding a forum

This is one of the wildest dreams in my other blog, but I think it would also be nice if I also have one here in this blog. This is because I want different kinds of bloggers to be connected as one, sharing thoughts and experiences as bloggers. Although I know some useful forums around, I would like my forum to concentrate about blogging for the masses. This means that posts should be readily accessible to common bloggers and newbies as well. I really have many things to do first before having a forum, but I will patiently wait.

Be a problogger

I am being advised to have my own domain if I am really serious in blogging. Many also were written about the advantages of not using a free host. And since I am a dead serious blogger, I would love to hear from you some great tips on how and where I can buy my own domain. This is because to be a problogger is my ultimate goal in blogging. I want to get rid of working for someone else while I know I can work for my own. I want to be with my family everyday while working for them. This is not an easy decision but I am now working hard to be one.

If you want to receive my future posts regularly, please feel free to subscribe in a reader or by e-mail. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Me anytime.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

9 comments:

  Meghna

May 28, 2008 at 1:27 AM

WOW!! That's really great that you reached this milestone here too. More and more to be seen from you.

I loved all of your ideas:
1) Interviewing & being interviewed have its own advantages
2)Reviews are always useful to both the parties
3) Guest blogging- I've seen your guest posts. After my first guest post in Blogcatalog's official blog, I think, my confidence level has increased. So, I agree with you.
4) I can't wait to see the forum for more & more interaction
5) Is it a coincidence that I am also looking for self hosting these days as mentioned by many readers?

Great thoughts. i'm sure you have transformed yourself into a professional blogger.

Thank you for sharing!

  Angel

May 28, 2008 at 6:32 AM

Hi Meg,

It always feels good to see you here. I still remember my review about you about 5 months ago. Since then, I am trying hard to be a responsible blogger because I realized, there are child bloggers like you.

Anyway, I did not know you made a guest post at Blogcatalog. I wish I could see it. Can you provide me the link?

For the forum, it will be quite far from now because I have s different plan about it.

For the self hosting, I do not think it's a coincidence. This is because it is a sign of a serious blogger and I know that you really love your blogging career.

With all of this, I am formally inviting you to be the first one that I want to interview. It will such an honor to interview you, since I have "known" you for quite some time as a young student, as a poet and as a child blogger.

Hoping for positive response.

I may not last this long here if I did not meet someone like you.
Thanks for everything.

  Meghna

May 28, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Hi angel,
I'm very much delighted and feel honored by your words. At BC Blog, my guest post was called "If I were the Blogcatalog Administrator" which was just a funny post about I want to replace all those old people with young energetic lot.
http://blog.blogcatalog.com/guest-blogger/if-i-were-the-blog-catalog-administrator%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6/
Thank you.

  Angel

May 28, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Hi Meg,

Sorry but I cannot open your guest post.

By the way, you did not reply as to whether you agree or not that I will interview you and feature your answers in my blog.

If you will agree, I will prepare the questions and send them through email.

Again, hoping for your positive response.

Thanks and I like your second blog. It's so good for young writers like you.

  Anonymous

May 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Generally, hosting your blog on your own domain is the preferred way to go. There are some disadvantages, but those disappear with a little education.

However, one of the mos successful bloggers I know hosts his site on Blogger. He has 200,000 daily readers.

If you do decide to host your own, Wordpress has a utility that lets you import your old blog posts to your new, self-hosted site.

  Angel

May 29, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Hi Elliot,

I think I still would prefer Blogger over WP because of its simplicity. But then again, changes are possible.

Thanks for the advise.

  Meghna

May 31, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Hi angel,
For the guest post, You can open the BC's blog, in which there is a category of 'guest blogger'. My post is named "If I Were The Blog Catalog Administrator……" which can be seen there.
http://blog.blogcatalog.com/guest-blogger/if-i-were-the-blog-catalog-administrator%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6/

Thank you for your offer for the interview and i agree for that. But as my vacations are going on and since I'm out of station, it may take about a fortnight for me to come back. Meanwhile you can send me the e-mail. (I'm sure you've my id)

Thanks again!

  Sara G

June 2, 2008 at 10:06 AM

That picture is adorable - did you take it? I like the theme of your blog, very nice:)

  Angel

June 2, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Thanks for admiring my theme and the picture. I got it from flickr.

I noticed you are not posting recently Sara. I hope you continue it.